Monday, April 13, 2015

The Wings For Life World Run

Wings for Life World Run
I'm generally not one to participate in fun runs. Actually, I think the last one I participated in was the Run Melbourne in 2011 where I had run 5 kilometers. I do recall finishing it and thinking that I should of tried doing the 10 kilometers.

I think that's probably why I love the format of the Wings for Life World Run. The Wings for Life World Run is a unique race, where you run ahead of a ‘Catcher Car’, instead of running towards a finish line. So even though you can set your goal to run a certain distance, whether it be 5km or 50km, once the ‘Catcher Car’ overtakes you, your race is over. Which means you may possibly end up running (or walking, or skipping, or hopping) further than what you originally set out to do. Oh, I should add you get a 30 minute head start on the ‘Catcher Car’!

The event is a global event, with the whole world running at exactly the same time. People around the globe will be taking part in 35 cities across 6 continents, all running for those who can’t. The entire entry fee for the race goes towards Red Bull's foundation Wings for Life which funds research into making spinal cord injury curable.
Nicole Tattersall after running
The Wings for Life World Run will take place in Melbourne for the very first time on 3 May 2015. I've signed up with the aim of running between 5 and 10 kilometers. If I run over 10 kilometers I'll be very proud of myself. I've been training hard and am feeling confident that I'll hit my target of 10 kilometers.

Check out my profile to make a donation to Wings for Life.

Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com