Monday, February 23, 2015

Flamingo Surfboard

When I started getting my surfboards custom made for me, I also wanted to have custom artwork on them too. It was this interest in customising my own surfboards that led me to take up stenciling as a suitable medium in which to do so. Since stenciling one of my early boards with a pink palm tree my style and skill has changed. I'm also painting more than just surfboards.

My latest surfboard shaped by Scott Peberdy at Outereef couldn't be left blank. Following all the surfboards before it I knew  when placing the order for this surfboard that I wanted to cut yet another flamingo stencil to spray on it. I also knew that I wanted to have bright greens and blues behind it to make it pop.

Shortly after picking up this fine looking surfboard, selecting the tailpad and fins, I cut the flamingo stencil, bought the Belton Molotow colours that I required (also note they match the tailpad) and got to work on completing the artwork.

Since painting it I've taken the surfboard out at Woolamai down at Phillip Island, and it rides like a dream. I'm stoked to have this board as an addition to my quiver of surfboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com