Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hints + Tips - Hello 2015

How do you feel about resolutions? I've never been a huge fan of them. But I do like the idea of using the end and start of the year as a time to reflect on what has been achieved and what I'd like to achieve in the future, as well as the year that was and what I want the next year to be like.

It's safe to say that for me 2014 is chalked up as being interesting, I learned a lot about who I'am as a person and finished quite a few chapters in my life, all of which is very exciting. I'm looking forward to what 2015 holds for me in facets of my life. I see it as a year for the new, the refreshed and the character building.

In keeping with this theme I've compiled a list of 12 things (one for each month) in no particular order that I would like to achieve that fit into one of more of these categories.
  1. Create a new body of work that encompasses what first inspired me to be an artist - surfing
  2. Refresh and update my design portfolio
  3. Go through my entire wardrobe and clear out everything that either no longer fits me or I no longer wear, and replace them with some new threads
  4. Explore this great country of ours and see more of Australia
  5. Surf spots I've not surfed before
  6. Collaborate and work with artists of different genres
  7. Finish all three books that I've been reading for well over six months already
  8. Unsubscribe to emails that clog up my inboxes
  9. Create art because it's something that I want do, not because I feel the pressure from other sources to do so
  10.  Spend more time catching up with family and good friends
Of course I'll be updating you on my progression and where I'm at in completing this list. I would love to hear how you tackle a new year. Or if there is anything you would like to achieve this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com