Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hints + Tips - 2013 vs 2014

Image by Troy Wandzel
Image by Troy Wandzel
Today I noticed I've been painting and illustrating for over 8 years, I also got thinking of all the crap I had to deal with in 2013 (a bit in 2012 and 2014 too) and enough is enough. I'm tired of empty promises. So for me 2014 from now on is a year of doing what I love for the reasons I love and working with those who I know are solid and trustworthy.

So what sort of things did I face in the last year and a bit? Well...
  • Had to call the debt collector about money a gallery owed me, plus all the artwork of mine they wouldn't return. That was a very lengthy battle.
  • Invoices never getting paid. 
  • Chasing invoice after invoice after invoice.
  • Being promised that I would be apart of numerous projects only to either find out a few days prior or not even that I wasn't part of the project. 
  • Spending time and effort working with big international brands only to find out I wasn't part of the project from another source.
  • Changing exhibition plans only to then find out it's really not an exhibition at all. 
Really in short it has been broken promise after broken promise and well quite frankly I've had enough of it. Moving forward I'm looking forward to working with honest people and on things I really love, because the amount of time and effort wasted on all that crap could of been spent on doing something I enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com