Saturday, September 14, 2013

Limit’d # TWO - Hype DC

limit’d magazine
limit’d magazine
limit’d magazine

Late this week I was working on something unrelated to limit’d magazine but still shoe related, where I can be quoted as saying in reference to the number of shoes at my work desk "There are more shoes here than what I own". Followed up by something along the lines of that I need to go shoe shopping which some how lead to a conversation about sneakers with wedges and heels.

Don't get me wrong I do like shoes, I just find it hard to find ones I love or ones that have a story behind them. One of my favourite pair of sneakers are from the limited edition series french artist Fafi did with Adidas. Another are a pair of boots I have that are patchworked from recycled leather. These shoes have a story, they are no longer just a pair of boots or a pair a sneakers.

This is why magazines from companies such as Hype DC are great. Whilst Limit'd magazine showcases products from Hype DC you also get some insight into the background different shoes, the culture of sneakers and those that wear them.

Limit'd has recently released it's second issue featuring Melbourne based creative agency Just Another; profiling 10 of their artists including Does, Alex Lehours, Bec Winnel, Drypnz and Gary Seaman among others, takes a look at South LA sneaker style thru the eyes of Sneaker Freaker and West coast rapper DJ Quik, explains the do’s and don’ts of what happens when the tattoo gun and sneaker culture collide. Plus is that's not enough offers up over 40 pages of the latest footwear via Hype DC.

Download the latest issue of limit’d magazine for iPad, featuring the latest offerings from the world of Hype DC at www.itunes.apple.com/us/app/hype-dc/id681487550?mt=8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com