Saturday, August 3, 2013

Since 1975 You've Known Them


Nicole Tattersall - Piping Hot
Nicole Tattersall - Piping Hot
Nicole Tattersall - Piping Hot
Nicole Tattersall - Piping Hot 
I think in my life time I may have owned one or two items made by Piping Hot. Recently I was sent a package from them filled with a mid length crochet dress (which was not my style, hence no photos) a t-shirt, a crochet top, a lace hoodie and another top. I would of much rather of been sent their surf leggins and rash vests to try - though it would be a few months before I could test them out as I'm still surfing in my Winter wetsuit.

"Since the early origins in 1967 when Piping Hot was operating under the name Surf and Dive, Piping Hot has been synonymous with the Australian surf wear industry and beach culture. In 1975, Piping Hot began trading under the same name, growing the brand from a local surfwear label into an Australian surf wear icon. Famous for their wetsuits, high profile surfers and progressive attitude, Piping Hot grew into a household name. In the late 1990's, surf wear saw a movement from clothing 'just for surfers' into lifestyle clothing encapsulating the Australian surf culture. Piping Hot was a driving force in designing clothing that could be worn at the beach or at a BBQ. In 1998, Piping Hot made the decision to trade through a very different avenue, that would allow everyone to enjoy authentic, reasonably priced, fashionably 'in sync' surf wear. Target, one of Australia's largest fashion retailers, formed a strategic licensing alliance with Piping Hot ensuring accessibility, and great surf wear for all." 
- Piping Hot

There is no denying that clothes created by Piping Hot could be worn at the beach or at a BBQ, each piece has a relaxed casual feel about to it. My favourite of the items they sent me is the short sleeve hoodie, I can imagine throwing it on after a surf with a cute pair of shorts and a singlet top after a surf. 

Check out the full range at Target Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com