Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Inspirational: Luke Taaffe


It feels like such a long time ago that I first became familiar with the work of Australian artist and designer Luke Taaffe. Whilst I quite like the style and themes of his works its more so his career and the approach to things I find inspiring, though both do go hand-in-hand.

I guess for me what I admire most is that he is a surfer, who has a passion for the ocean and that these things and more comes through in all that he creates. There is an honesty and a true link to what inspires him, whilst also being technically good at what he does.

Luke is currently working as a global artist for surfing company Quiksilver in California USA, which to me is a dream job. Though you may know him more for his art where he combines psychedelic patterns, ocean scenics and celestial icons to create powerful dreamlike imagery that take the viewer to worlds of escape and solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com