Thursday, May 30, 2013

Torn On Anna Wintour

Torn Off by Nicole Tattersall

Recently for the FanBoy vs ArtBoy: Ladies Night exhibition I created two stencil artworks, one titled 'To see what the sea turtle sees' which ties back to Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon and the other 'Torn off' which explores how I feel about famed Vogue editor Anna Wintour. 

For me I didn't want to create just another portrait of a female icon, I wanted it to have some meaning. I was thinking about how I felt in regards to the females I look up to. One person who I do look up to but also struggle with liking is Anna Wintour. Whilst I admire her for all of her achievements it's her love of fur that I dislike. So this portrait of her represents how torn I am on liking her and my dislike of her love for fur. 

This stencil of Anna Wintour is also one of my few stencils of a person. I'm overall quite pleased with the end result and how the painting turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com