Some had just simply stopped posting with no rhyme or reason, others had changed sites (letting their readers know) and some announced they were calling it quits.
This got me wondering I know why some blogs/website change domain names, but the other two types got me thinking who just stops and who makes a big announcement but doesn't delete the site? And Why? Some are artists who were also just cracking the scene too.
I've the feeling that more than one blog post is going to answer these questions, though some reasons that do come to mind are...
- Other commitments, life just got in the way
- Expecting too much too soon
- Couldn't see what they were getting in return was worth the effort they were putting in
- No longer passionate about what they were writing about
- Stopped making what it was they were writing about, especially artists
What are your thoughts? Are you into what you're doing for the long haul? What keeps you motivated?