Sunday, April 28, 2013

Introducing 3...

Over the past few months I've noticed some recent trends in illustration and art, these are things I've come across through my own art and in my role as Editor at CURVY. Here are three of those trends... 
  1. I've seen quite a few pieces that incorporate the use of geometric shapes. I'm seeing lots of diamonds and circles being represented in pastel colours and the bold tones of black and white.
  2. There appears to be an increase in the use of collage as a medium. With artists combing this technique with other mediums such as graphite and watercolour.
  3. Recently I've noticed a surge of illustrators transferring their grey-lead and graphite illustrations into digital works, and then colouring them through the use of programs such as Illustrator. There seems to be heavy influence by the likes of Kelly Thompson in these works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com