Monday, March 4, 2013

Oz

Oz - Nicole Tattersall

Recently the theme for the latest FanBoy vs ArtBoy exhibition at ArtBoy Gallery in Prahran was Oz.

There was a selection of artworks inspired from the dark and twisted through to the fun and playful nature of one of the worlds most loved stories.

Though I promised to have two works in the exhibition both of which I kept relatively secret as I wanted those who made it along to the opening to be able to see them first and experience them in person. I ended up only finishing one piece, 'Oz'.

'Oz', is painted on an old wooden box I found at a second hand shop. The painting inside is a new style I'm working on that embraces my love for the dark and quirky. The box was made to have the appeal of an old leather bound book. 

The painting took much longer than I expected which is why I only ended up creating one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com