Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor

We tend to spend quite a bit of time at outside in the garden, whether it be painting, having a BBQ or simply enjoying a cup of coffee. Actually as I write this post I'm sitting outside right now. Being the middle of Summer there are plenty of mosquitoes about too. Which not only cause us discomfort but pose a threat to my bunnies Nickel and Mandu, Myxomatosis is spread between rabbits by close contact and biting insects such as fleas and mosquitoes.
Recently I was asked to review Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor Insect Control System and as it promises outdoor protection against flies and mosquitoes with plant based active ingredients, I was keen to see just how effective it is.

I found it easy to install, as a renter I used a temporary hook and it has held up just fine. Even on the 40 plus degree days we've recently had in Melbourne. The bright white casing stands out a bit, it would be nice to have the option to get it in green or other outdoor like colours, to blend in with the outdoors a little more.

There is an On-Off switch and it has a handy automatic 3 hour cut off. You can adjust the settings to tailor to your outdoor environment with 20 and 40 second intervals. We've only used it at 40 second intervals and we probably could of used a 60 second interval option.

The smell is lovely, it smells like lavender, though it's the sound of the bursts that was unpleasant. It's a bit like having a little toy that farts every so often.

Each refill pack lasts for up to 30 hours, though I'd like the refill to last longer, I know you can only fit so much into a reasonable sized pack.
The little farting toy sound aside, we've noticed very few flies and mosquitoes around the rabbit hutch and our outside dinning area whilst the Mortein NaturGard Outdoor has been turned on. The smell is lovely too, doesn't smell like your typical insect repellant, which even though it brings back memories of summers gone by, it's not a nice smell. 

My only regret in trialing this product is that I didn't take it to my Sister's place in Yarrawonga where I got bitten alive by mosquitoes before Christmas. Think I'll get one for her. 

This post is a Product Talk by Nuffnang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com