Friday, January 18, 2013

Painting My Surfboard

Customising my own surfboards is what got me interested in stencil art. My first group exhibition in fact was Artsticks 2 in 2006 at the Surfing World Museum in Torquay, where painted on a broken surfboard. Since then I've exhibited a stack of broken surfboards that I've painted.

My latest surfboard shaped by Scott Peberdy at Outereef also required a little personalisation. I wanted something simple. After much ummming and ahhhing I decided to go with my Orca Passing stencil. The stencil originates from a photo I took of the Orcas at San Diego Sea World several years ago.

If you're wondering, yes, it's a fine board to ride too. I took it out last week and was in the water for around 3 hours catching wave after wave - it was one of my best surfs in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com