Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: Life of Pi

Thanks to Twentieth Century Fox and  Nuffnang, I got to go along to an exclusive sneak preview screening of the film Life of Pi. Since first spying the trailer I've been wanting to see this film - I'll be honest, I've not read the book, but now I want to.

The film is based on the best-selling book by Yann Martel about a young man who survives a disaster at sea and is thrust into what can only be described as an epic journey of adventure and discovery. Whilst drifting at sea this young man forms an unexpected connection with another survivor, Richard Parker, a Bengal tiger.

Ang Lee (Academy Award winning director) lets the story unfold, it has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Even though I found the overuse of CGI in the film and little unbelievable, the telling of the story made me believe.  

I want to tell you so much more but I don't want to give too much away. 


We did see the film in 3D and  it was spectacular but I can't wait to see it in 2D as I find in 3D you do loose some of the finer details of the surrounds.

Life of Pi opens in Australia on New Year’s Day, and I highly recommend if you're wanting a film with enchantment, a twist that will have you thinking and a well told story, that you check it out.

Oh and just a tip, if lost at sea don't fire a flare unless you know someone is going to see it.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com