Monday, November 5, 2012

Going Back To School

 
When I was at high school I was one of the first Art Leaders, I studied Visual Communications for my VCE. Recently I went back to my old high school as I was invited to say a few words at the opening for their annual art exhibition.

The exhibition really blew me away, I can recall back to the amount of work, the quality of the the and the number of people at the art exhibition when I was in yr 12. This one was at least twice that. There were a few students whose work really stood out and I've since advised them to enter into certain art exhibitions.

When asked if I'd also like to speak to the students the following day during their art classes about my art career, of coarse I said yes.

I spoke to two groups, one yr 7s to yr 8s and the other yr 9s to yr 11s. With each group I shared different things that have happened throughout my life as an artist. Speaking about what it is I do, how I got to where I'am, different people in the arts industry and sharing a little advice. 

I also showed a selection of original artworks that I brought in with me, a few videos and lots of photos.  

I've been asked by the school if I'd like to run a stencil workshop with them in 2013 for the students, I'm really looking forward to doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com