Sunday, September 16, 2012

Art de la Roo

Art de la Roo is an outdoor exhibition that will share the exploding Australian street art scene with the city of Toronto, Canada through long distance pasting.

The project will feature paste-ups created by Australian artists including Asio, Be Free, Blomtrog, Burg, Celeste Potter, Claude, Erin Greer, Ero, Facter, Fezwitch, I and The Others, Joshua Smith, Kitty Art, Klara, Lifetime Stickyfingers, Lucy Lucy, Makatron, Phoenix, QWUX, Rebecca Murphy, Ruskidd, Suki and The Doctor.

Oh... and did I mention I'll have some works as well. Paste-ups aren't one of my regular mediums of choice to display my work. Though I do like the fact that you can craft something that will then been weathered and worked away by the elements. I raised my hand and said "will you have me?" and they said "yes".
As the exhibition is in Toronto, Canada I wanted to create some works that would be relevant to the location and yet Australian. So... I've enlarged my Orca (aka Killer Whale) stencils and used my large seal stencil to create three paste-ups.

I'm very excited to be apart of such an event and even more so as it's the first time my work will be exhibited overseas.

The temporary works of art will be sent from Melbourne to Toronto and pasted-up in surprise locations around the city. The paste-ups will be placed in places suited to they work and will vary from old warehouses, alleys to city walls.

The work will be installed to coincide with the massive contemporary art event, Nuit Blanch.

Art de la Roo
Where: Toronto, Canada
When: From Friday 28 September
Website: Facebook event and website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com