Sunday, August 19, 2012

Painting In A Gallery

Earlier today I was at ArtBoy Gallery for my solo exhibition 'The Urban Diary of a City Miss' painting in the gallery. For the exhibition we set up my desk in the window and made it look kinda like what it does when its in my actual studio. It was really lovely to be sitting in the window painting away, not really noticing what was going past on Greville St.

I started shortly after 2pm and finished just before 4pm. During that time there were quite a few people who came in and looked around the gallery. Though there were a few memorable people who came through.

There was a mother and her two daughters that came in. It was the first time the daughters had ever been in an art exhibition. They loved it and were amazed that I had created all the work on display. Their favourite piece was 'Amazing Journey', which I told them was also my favourite too.  By being there they could ask me all sorts of questions and they did. I think if their mum allowed them to they could of sat beside me the rest of the time I was there just watching me paint. I gave them one of my 2012 calendars to share, which they asked me to sign. Children can really give you another outlook on what it is that do - I love it!

Another person who came through was Joey Thomas of Duckprint, I recently started following her on twitter. I really enjoy meeting people in person who I follow or follow me. She is such a delight and had I had time I would of loved to of sat down and had coffee with her and talked art.

So what was it I painted? I started on a watercolour piece of my parent's dog Drifter. I didn't get to finish it but I did make a good start on it. I hope to finish it over the next few weeks. When I do I'll make sure I share it with you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow not finished yet, but looks truly amazing ... some talent you had ... my grandfather had a similar style of painting to that, you reminded me of him. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com