Thursday, May 10, 2012

Painting Live at CURVY


I was asked if I could paint live at the CURVY 8 launch and exhibition alongside the lovely Kaff-eine and Rebecca Murphy. I'll be honest, about a few hours before I got really nervous. We we're expecting 1,500 people from Sydney to be there. Also the boards we got were bigger than any canvas I've ever painted. Earlier I had posted a photo just of the spine of some of the books of the CURVY fan page and it got over 100 likes in about half an hour - I think that's what sent me off the edge.

I used some of the stencils I brought up from Melbourne with me, though I couldn't use spray paint and had to wait between layers for the paint to dry. Between interviews, selling books and artworks, plus general event stuff throughout the launch, I managed to get my piece finished.

Overall I feel pretty happy with the end result. The experience of painting live at such an event and on such a scale pushed me out of my comfort zone. I feel like I stepped up and met the challenge. If anyone is interested in the final piece it's currently at aMBUSH Gallery, and will be added to their stockroom. It was just that little too big to fit in my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com