Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hints + Tips - Give Back

Earlier today I volunteered my time to assist with agIdeas Next. It was where 1000 of Melbourne’s primary school children worked alongside 100 designers to create their vision of an innovative product. Resulting in a huge puzzle like installation comprising of many ideas.

I'm a huge advocate for volunteering, philanthropy and helping out which was partly why a put my hand up, the other reason was that currently not having regular work I had a bit of spare time on my hands, so why not. You know what I'm glad I did. Not only did I get to meet other like minded people and people in the design industry, I got to be a kid again and remember what it was like when you're imagination runs wild.

I worked with a group of 10 children on how to brain storm, where to draw inspiration from, how to sort through their ideas and expand on them, I taught them techniques in collage and also got to discuss their wild ideas with them. Unknowingly they taught me how to think like a kid again.

It really was a great experience and I would recommend to any creative to donate some of their time to helping out with an event or group in their creative field, because you can really learn something about yourself whilst doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com