Monday, April 2, 2012

RIP Michael Peterson


 

Last Thursday, 29 March the surfing world lost a living legend, Michael Peterson. He died of a Heart Attack in his home in Queensland, Australia at the age 59. Now I could go on about how much he influenced the surfing world and the like, but instead I want to share with you a small memory I have of him.

In 2005 I was at the Rip Curl Pro at the world famous Bells Beach, watching the women's final between Sofia Mulanovich and Serena Brooke. Watching it alongside me was none other that Michael Ho and Michael Peterson, I couldn't of been in better company if I tried. I may not of been able to tell which one of these men was the most eccentric, though for them there was the serious competitive side of surfing and the side where it's all about enjoying the journey.

I personally only crossed paths a few times with MP, but in those few times he oozed creative flare and a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com