Monday, April 16, 2012

In-Between Worlds - Vexta

Vexta has been a huge influence on me creatively, even though we're both slowly shifting away from traditional stencil pieces and going down different paths creatively. She has offered me some of the best artistic advice I've ever received and I still reflect upon it every so often.

I'm so excited about her last solo exhibition, 'In-Between Worlds', before she heads to the Big Apple (New York City). Though I'am disappointed that I can only see it via the internet as it's all the way up north in Queensland. I truly do wish her the best of luck and can't wait to read about all her travels and see how it influences her work.

In-Between Worlds, Vexta’s latest solo exhibition, is a collection new works examining our relationship to ourselves, evolution, the mysterious interconnectedness of all living things and the atomic particles that hold it all together. Though acknowledging the possibility that at any moment it could shatter into a million pieces, transcend and reform into the the new.

In-Between Worlds – Vexta
Edwina Corlette Gallery
555 Brunswick Street, New Farm, QLD
Exhibition Opening: Thursday 19 April, 6pm – 8pm
Exhibition: Tuesday 17 Apr – Saturday 5 May
Website: www.vexta.com.au and www.edwinacorlette.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com