Sunday, March 25, 2012

'...There's More' - Painting

Yesterday for me was a bit of a busy day and I'll be honest I was expecting for it to all into a big mess but it didn't. One of the many things I had planned in my day was making it down to Cocoa Jackson to put up a few stencils. I was pretty chuffed to be able to paint the wall along the side of Cocoa Jackson Studios, everyone around there was super nice and were supportive of each other. I got up 3 Sea Turtles which I get the feeling everyone loved and a zebra, both a few of the biggest stencils I currently have.

This is the first wall in almost 12 months I've painted and I really enjoyed the morning there. Even though I had to dash off for the Life Saving Club - Club Championships I don't think I could of planned it better if I tried. Just as I was on the last layer of one of the sea turtles the wind picked up. For anyone who works with stencils will know that wind and stencils are not a good combination.

It truly was an amazing day I wish I could of hung around for the afternoon as there was DIY Street art, open studios, live painting, stickers, paste ups, the massive wall jam and Punk Milk TV filming live!

There's More
Cocoa Jackson Studios
32 Warburton street, Melbourne, VIC
Opening: Thursday 22 March, 5pm onwards
Exhibition: Thursday 22 - Sunday 25 March
Facebook Event

1 comment:

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com