Monday, March 12, 2012

FanBoy VS ArtBoy: Fairytales and Fables

Nicole Tattersall - Loved 

Nicole Tattersall - Off I Go - The End (Spray 1 of 10) 

Nicole Tattersall - One Day 

Art Boy are kicking off their first round of FanBoy vs ArtBoy for 2012, with the theme Fairytales and Fables. 

This time I was all organised and managed to get completed what I originally had in mind. Since hearing the theme I was thinking about doing something based on one of my all time favorite fairytales the Velveteen Rabbit. 

A few years ago I bought a paper mache horse at a garage sale, which I knew would be perfect for doing up the skin horse that appears in the story. I also tried my hand at making my first ever stuff toy - a rabbit, i have a whole new found appreciation for people you make stuff toys as a result. Then there is the stencil of Mandu. I think we spent half an hour following each other up and down the hallway so I could get that shot, after which he got a little treat. Overall I'm really happy with how everything has come together and can't wait to see it on display with all the works completed by the bevy of artists in the exhibition.

Other artists who will be exhibiting include: Matthew Dunn, Bruyn, Kaitlin Beckett, RJW, Rachee Renee, Brett Willis, Mike Adey, A.i, Rebecca Murphy, Rival Revolution kids, Toni Dowd, Steph Hall, Lindsay Walker, Allain DeLeon, Tassj Brodie, (C)ALM and more.

FanBoy vs ArtBoy - Fairytale and Fables
Artboy Gallery
99 Greville St, Prahran, VIC

Opening: Friday 26 March, 6pm onwards
Exhibition: Friday 26 - Sunday 25 March
Website
Facebook Event

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com