Monday, January 30, 2012

Red Bull Design Sally's Board

As I'm sure you're aware I entered three designs into the Red Bull Design Sally's Board Comp. I probably was a little cocky as I thought had this one in the bag. My first ever proper art exhibition was at the Surfing World Museum, I surf, I love surfing and I get my boards customised by arty friends. But sadly neither my Hemp Do You See Turtle, Face and Fringe or Pink Flamingo were picked in Sally's top 20.

I'll be honest I was really very disappointed. However I had a look at the designs that were chosen and mine were very different in comparison. With art and design it is very subjective. I think that's what makes it even more difficult when you think you're in for a chance and turns out your not. Unlike sport you know if you've played well or bad. With art what one person doesn't like another will love.

You can still vote for my designs by 'liking' them as Red Bull haven't announced the people's choice just yet. To those already have - thank you your support means so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com