Monday, January 9, 2012

I've Gone Big

Hemp Do You See Turtle
Pink Flamingo (Spray 10 of 10)

Over the weekend I dropped off two new works at Art Boy Gallery in Prahran. One you already maybe familiar with is Hemp Do You See Turtle. Both works were created to be used to create my designs for the comp that Red Bull are running for the decal design for Sally Fitzgibbons surfboard for the 2012 Surfing World Tour.
Hemp Do You See Turtle (vote here) has been up for a little while and Pink Flamingo (vote here) only recently went up on the competition website this week.
That's not all about these works. The Pink Flamingo is the last spray I'll do of that stencil. It's been wonderful to work with it since I created it for a photo shoot a few years ago. So what happens to the stencil now? Well I'll pack it away into archiving.

These two pieces are also the largest ones I've created for sometime. With each being around 1mx1m each in size. I think at first Marc at Art Boy didn't believe me when I said I'd done some big works if he'd like them in the gallery. Generally I produce smallish sized works. This is just the beginning - I've a few bigger works planned for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com