Friday, August 12, 2011

It's a bit Frankie and a bit Swiss

Yesterday I went into the lovely Frankie and Swiss studio to chat and talk collaboration ideas. After several cups of peppermint tea and watching the printer do it's thing. Out came various artworks of mine on a length of organic cotton. It's always exciting seeing things come off a printer.

The girls gave me the sample to do what I please with it. Though I will be honest I didn't have the foggiest idea. However after uni last night I decided to make a cushion using one of the printed artworks "Orca Passing" (Spray 2 of 10). Having not used a sewing machine for a good 6 months I was little rusty but got there in the end. The fabric I used for the back was some that I bought at a garage sale a few months ago.
The cushions are currently not for sale as they are just samples, however if you are interested in them do let me know and I'll see what I can arrange. Feel free to email me.

If you are interested in checking out Frankie and Swiss, Shelley from Shelley Panton Ceramic is talking at the next CWC (Creative Women's Circle) on Saturday 3 September, the event will be hosted at the Frankie and Swiss studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com