Saturday, June 11, 2011

FanBoy VS ArtBoy: Comics - Recap


Last night was the much anticipated opening of "FanBoy vs. ArtBoy: Comics". So many familiar faces and people I haven't seen in such a long time. It was also lovely to hear such great feedback regarding my pieces based on the graphic novel 'V for Vendetta' (above). 

There were people complementing me on going bigger with my canvas size and creating works that are a bit darker. Lately I've been trying to work on a larger scale and with having the space to store bigger stencils and create bigger works I'm sure that I'll be creating more larger pieces in the near future. In regards to the darkness of the pieces, well that goes hand in hand with 'V for Vendetta' though who knows maybe my works might take a turn towards some darker and deeper under tones.


All my pieces except for the rose 'Do you really want a rose' are one off sprays and will not be reproduced. It's somewhat nice creating one-off pieces that are stencil works, there is some sense of completion when the stencil goes into the recycling bin. It also makes the process of the stencil cutting more organic as I don't have to think about ensuring that the stencil will last its required life span, I know it will be sprayed once and once only.

The exhibition is being held over this Queens Birthday long weekend 11 -13 June at ArtBoy Gallery in Prahran. If you didn't make it to the opening there is still time to check it out and see works by the likes of Bruyn, Matthew Dunn, Mike Adey, Allain de Leon, Brett Willis, Heesco, Jennie Rosenbaum, Nick Abdilla, ADi, Ishi, Fletcher Andersen, Beanz, Pierre Llago, Ed Bechervaise, Ex-Robot, Rickie Swain, Garry Byrne, Ralph Rosa, Satta van Daal, Raz Solo, DEEJ, James Camilleri, Joe Villanti, Duraan Reid and others. 

FanBoy vs ArtBoy - Comics
Artboy Gallery
99 Greville St, Prahran, Vic
Exhibition Opening: Friday 10 June, 6pm - late
Exhibition: Friday 10 - Monday 13 June
Website
Facebook Event

2 comments:

  1. hi Nicole! thanks for your post on my blog!!
    i am really loving your new style with water colours! i hope to own one someday, preferably "Rain"! have a great long weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Maie,

    I'm about to do another small one, I'm sure I can do one for you too. send me an email if your interested.

    Nicole
    x

    ReplyDelete

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com