- Take the time to fill out your profile before you get started, personalise your profile
- Don’t post anything you wouldn’t want your mother to read
- Connect with the people you follow and it will increase the value of using twitter
- Build your network slowly and carefully, it's not a numbers game, it's like most good friendships - quality over quantity
- Don’t post so often that you will flood your follower’s stream, especially with unrelevant content
- Try to avoid abbreviating your message so much that it becomes illegible
- Interact and reply to other users when you have something useful to add
- Be honest about yourself, let your personality shine on through
- Thank users when they offer you advice to a problem or question you may have
- Have fun, if your not enjoying it close your account, if you are then keep on tweeting!
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Hints + Tips - Twitter
I'm a huge advocate for the us of twitter, especially as an artist and in my full-time role for a charity. Though like most things there a general rules of etiquette, even though they may not be written in stone, they are a good rule of thumb. Here are 10 guidelines of etiquette relating to twitter that I feel are worth jotting down.