Thursday, August 12, 2010

Patchworked - My Solo Exhibition!

At Large Gallery are proud to present "Patchworked", my first ever Melbourne solo exhibition. It Opens on Friday 17 of September and will run until Thursday 30 September.

For my first Melbourne solo exhibition "Patchworked" it will be heavily influenced by the art and craft techniques of times gone by, Australia and my recent trip to Germany. I'll be incorporating these factors with my passion for animal rights and the encouragement of using ones imagination. I've chosen to leave the stencils in their place this time round and work more so in an illustrative style both in 2D and 3D formats, allowing me get a little darker with my works than normal.

In the exhibition there are 3 illustrations which I have created, reflecting upon WSPA's (World Society for the Protection of Animals) campaign against the live export of sheep. A program that I've been supporting and spreading the word about. These illustrations have been designed to be a conversation starter about the topic. Much like most of works planned for "Patchworked"

I'm so excited about this exhibition and will be posting a little bit more about the show closer to the date, which isn't to far away.

Patchworked - Solo Show
At Large Gallery
208 High St, Northcote, Victoria
Exhibition Opening: Friday 17 September 2010, 6pm - 9pm
Exhibition: Friday 17 September - Thursday 30 September 2010
Website: www.atlargegallery.com or www.nicoletattersall.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be taking this exhibit in Nic, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kass!

    If your there at the opening make sure you find me and introduce yourself.

    Nicole
    x

    ReplyDelete

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com