Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hints + Tips - Cutting Stencils

Every so often someone asks me about how they can learn to cut stencils or how I do it. Well it depends on what they what to do as to how to go about your stencil. My advice that I give is I tell them to visit www.stencilrevolution.com, which is where I first learnt all about how to cut stencils.

My next step is to tell them that they should make the images there own. Not just place it in a program, press a button, print and then cut where the computer told them too. Think outside the square a little more, if something in the image doesn't look right, adjust it until it does. Make it your own style.

You can also check out a post I did a while ago about how to cut a 1 layer stencil at www.nicoletattersall.blogspot.com/2009/03/hints-tips-1-layer-stencil.html

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the stencil revolution link Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece Nicole . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Emma! I painted her well over 2 years ago and this one is one I wish I had of kept.

    Nicole
    x

    ReplyDelete

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com