Thursday, October 8, 2009

'I won't be back 'til dawn' - Vexta

First I was excited that Vexta who one of the many who inspired me to do stenciling was having an exhibition at that it was on Brunswick Street which is true, but I thought it was Melbourne. Then yesterday I realised that it was in Brisbane, which I was pretty bummed about.

Though I did notice I can see the pieces online at the gallery's website www.edwinacorlette.com/current?eid=21 which I was delighted about. If your not like me and are in Brisbane make your way along to Vexta's exhibition which offically opens this Friday night.


"Vexta's practice has been honed by wit and nimbleness, and mediated only by a desire to make images that speak of their time. Pop culture, lines from songs and mass media’s imagery accumulate in her work, and imbue it with the immediacy of life from which she draws her inspiration." - Edwina Corlette Gallery

Brisbane
Edwina Corlette Gallery
2/555 Brunswick St, New Farm, QLD
Opening Night: Friday 9 October, 6pm - 8pm
Exhibition: Tuesday 6 - Saturday 24 October
Website: www.vexta.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com