Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hints + Tips - Copyright

Lately there has been some issues around people's work and copyright, I don't know if it's just getting worse and more common or if I'm just hearing about about it more so.

I think no matter what you do, knowing at the very least the basics about copyright is a necessity. In my day-to-day work as a graphic designer I'm forever questioning the original sources of images and explaining to people why they can't just use a certain image they found via Google for a press ad.

I've two sites that are worth looking at for information on copyright and creative commons:

www.creativecommons.org
Creative Commons is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to making it easier for people to share and build upon the work of others, consistent with the rules of copyright.

www.copyright.org.au
They provide information and training about copyright in Australia. As well as producing publications, do research, and make submissions on copyright policy issues to government.
In most cases of late that I've heard of have been about artworks, which is why I recommend visiting their section Q&As on when you need copyright permission to use images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com