Saturday, October 3, 2009

Email Advice

Lately I've noticed a lot of emails coming through my inbox with peoples whole mailing lists in the 'To' section of their email. This is not a good thing as you work hard to get your mailing list and to give it away to easily just seems wrong.

I've in the past accidentally sent an email to everyone in the 'To' section, so I can assure you I've had those head straight to wall moments after clicking to giant send button.

This is just a message to remind people how precious their mailing lists are and if sending a mass email put everyone in the 'BBC' section and if your email weren't send with anyone in the 'To' section simply put your own email there.

3 comments:

  1. Yes I always cringe when I see that too. Occasionally I can understand, but there are some organisations that seem to do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not the one Liana. It can also get pretty annoying when people in that list start to send you emails too or they hit reply all

    There are times when it is required though.

    Nicole
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'BCC' section would be better...

    ReplyDelete

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com