Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Surfboards

This is long over due, a post featuring my newest addition to my collection of surfboards (aka quiver). Both boards are shaped by Scott at Outereef and the one on the right is my board which was painted by Guz a Melbourne based stencil artist.
There is a small story behind this stencil; when I was getting interested in street art a while ago I went to the Stencil Festival that was held at Rose Street. One of the paintings that caught my eye was of a girl with a gun in black on a white background with words stenciled within her lines. I had no idea who painted it. It was also one of the stencils that inspired me to get into stenciling.
Until early this year doing a live painting in Leongatha and I saw Guz pull her out of his case. I knew then what I wanted on my new board, so there she is, all pretty in pink.

Also something to note Outereef has just opened a new store in Berwick, so for those that Phillip Island may to far away for you can now shop closer to Melbourne. Located at shop 1, 90 High Street or you can still go to store in San Remo at 73 Phillip Island Road, and there is their website too www.outereef.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com