Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rebecca Murphy - My Phoenix Heart @ The Wall

This coming Wednesday the gorgeously talented Sydney based artist Rebecca Murphy is having a solo exhibition "My Phoenix Heart" at The Wall.

"I work primarily in acrylics and archival ink on paper, wood, and canvas. Influences are varied and include Art Nouveau, Ukiyo-e woodblock prints, and Pop Surrealism, though I'm excited and inspired by so many things it's difficult to just name a few. My illustrations are explorations of myself and the world around me, of desire, destruction, vulnerability, sensuality, and humour." - Rebbeca Murphy

Downstairs there will be tunes supplied by the likes of SLEATER BROCKMAN, DC-10, 16 TACOS, VIVI (Disco not Disco), EM+'B' and POCAHONTAS.

If your in Sydney and looking for something to do this coming Wednesday or just like checking out some beautiful illustrations and good music head to The Wall and The World Bar.

Sydney
The Wall
The World Bar
24-26 Bayswater Road, Kings Cross
Exhibition Opening: Wednesday 2 September, 6pm onwards
Website: www.emptyatelier.livejournal.com
Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122824186193&ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com