Friday, August 7, 2009

Claire Nakazawa - Mochi Walls

Claire's work is just gorgeous! I had never seen or heard of her before, until just the other day when invited by the guys at Oh Really Gallery to come to her exhibition opening. Sadly due to the fact that they are in Sydney and I'm in Melbourne I weren't be able to make it.
Her exhibition Mochi Walls will be featuring a widely varied collection of fresh new paintings that are best discribed as unique, imaginative, intricate and emotive. This is her first solo show and she has choosen to go with works that depict a combination of subconscious narratives and spontaneous creativity.

I do hope we get to see more of her works and that one day fingers crossed, that I can see them face to face rather than via the screen on my laptop.

Sydney
Oh Really Gallery
55 Enmore Road, Newtown
Opening Night: Thursday 13 August, 6pm - 9pm
Exhibition: Thursday 13 - Tuesday 18 August
Website: www.ohreallymagazine.com or www.artwhatson.com.au/clairenakazawa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com