Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Novel with a Novel Mug

Right now I'm going to sound so sweet 16, but do you remember that scene in ‘10 Things I Hate About You’ when the younger sister and her friend are talking about the difference from liking and loving an item? Well I had one of those moments when I spotted these Penguin Mugs; I use to LOVE and want a Pantone Colour Mug but now I only LIKE them as I LOVE and want a Penguin Mug. Which one? 'A Room of Ones Own' of coarse.

Why do I LOVE them? Each porcelain mug features the iconic covers of the classic Penguin book series that were originally designed by Edward Young in 1935. To think that these covers have been around for over 70 years and do not look out of place in today’s modern society. They are truly a great example of great design that lasts.

These porcelain mugs have been created in the UK by Tony Davis of Art Meets Matter under license from Penguin Books Ltd and are available for just $24.95 each at Until (www.until.com.au/catalogue/penguin/penguin-mugs.html) also available are Penguin pencils and notebooks!

The selected titles available to choose from in mug form are:
• Great Expectations
• The Common Reader
• Country Life
• Together
• Man and Superman
• A room of Ones Own
• Brighton Rock
• The Great Gatsby
• The Pursuit of Love
• My Man Jeeves
• Wuthering Heights
• Pride and Prejudice
• Persuasion
• Jane Eyre
• Nineteen Eighty Four
• The Body in the Library
• The Invisible Man
• The Big Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com