Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Hints + Tips - Colour Scheme From A Photo
This is a quick and easy way to get a colour scheme and is very useful when requiring a colour to be used alongside an image. eg. on a flyer. To do this I’ve used Adobe Photoshop CS3.
1. Open your selected image in Photoshop
2. Crop to a small strip, you can use any part of the image you feel will give you the result your looking for. In this instance I was looking for some pinks.
3. Now select the Cut Out filter (Filters > Artistic > Cut Out)
4. Using the options on the right; adjust them until you get the amount of colours you are looking for. When you are done click ‘Ok’
5. You should now have a strip of chunky bits of colour.
6. Use the ‘Eyedropper Tool’ to select the first colour for your colour scheme. Open the colour up by double clicking on the swatch and take note of the values.
7. Repeat until you’ve all the colours you require.
8. Presto! Now you’ve your colour scheme.