Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Interesting Or Not So Interesting Re-cap

Today is New Years Eve and so for this weeks post for 'Interesting or not so Interesting' I'll do another w little re-cap on three more of my favorite questions from the interviews during the past few months.

With Surfer Brittani Nicholl

Q. You've suffered from Crohns disease since you were 7, what impact has this made on your life? Also for those who don't know (like me) what is it?
A. Yes thats right, I've had Crohns for 11yrs now and it has had a massive impact on my life. Over the years I've been in and out of hospital over the years and have had some pretty rough times and in late 2007 i had major surgery and now currently have a temporary ileostomy bag.

Crohns Disease is a disease of the digestive system and can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus. The symptoms that I experienced most where abdominal pain, diarrhea (which may be visibly bloody), vomiting, and weight loss.

The disease occurs when the immune system attacks the gastrointestinal tract and for this reason is considered an autoimmune disease. This produces inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and is why Crohn's disease is classified as an inflammatory bowel disease.

Unlike the other major types of inflammatory bowel disease, there is no known drug based or surgical cure for Crohn's disease.


To read the whole interview visit Interesting Or Not So Interesting With Surfer Brittani Nicholl

With The Very Talented Laura

Q. Like most creative people I'm sure you've had some close calls or funny moments, any you would like to share?
A. Doing the photo shoot of my Horse + Bunny series was a lot of fun! I mean, those masks are kind of creepy if you are not expecting to see them sun baking at your local pier, or enjoying at picnic at the park!

To read the rest of the interview visit Interesting Or Not So Interesting With The Very Talented Laura

With WA based Willem

Q. Has there ever been a medium you wished you could work with but it just didn't work? How did you deal with this?
A. I have recently been using rusty iron, which I found in a paddock on a friend’s farm. I have been trying to combine it with silver to make a new line of jewellery. I initially found it very hard and frustrating, especially soldering the two metals together, but finally I think I have managed to do it. One of my pictures shows this. (Above)

Check out the rest of the interview at Interesting Or Not So Interesting With WA based Willem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com