Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Interesting Or Not So Interesting With Aussie Surfer Brittani Nicholl

So far I've brought you a rock photographer and two talented street artists, this week I would like to introduce you all to one amazing talented young lady Brittani Nicholl. This amazing girl has not just over come illness with several trips to and from the hospital but is currently a rider for Billabong, Gallaz, Electric Visual and Home Life and Style, competing on the Australasian Pro Junior Series, in which she finished 9th at, in 2007.

Q. Hey hun, I'm going to start putting doing a weekly interview with interesting or not so interesting people for my blog, would love for you to be on of the many to come. Are you in for it? Do you think your interesting or not?
A. Sounds good, I'm in for it. And yes i think i'm an interesting individual.

Q. Being your from Queensland (Australia) what is the one must see thing that you would recommend to someone that they check out if they came to visit?
A. Well I'm not actually from QLD, I live just south of the boarder. But i think for internationals who want to connect with Australia they should go somewhere like Currumbin Wildlife Century or the Australian Zoo. As for anyone else visiting QLD, theme parks like dreamworld, movieworld and wet'n'wild are always good, and also the beaches are good cheap option.

Q. Now still on the same topic of location, I've not been, but I've heard it gets mighty warm up there. How do you stay cool during those really hot days?
A. Yes it does get pretty hot up here, sometimes gets pretty chilly in winter. But for those hot days, a surf or nice cold ice cream is what cools me down on a hot day.

Q. Being a competitive surfer which surfers (living or dead) do you admire the most and why? Which one would you like most to meet?
A. Kind of a hard question, even though I've already met her, I think It'd be Bethany Hamilton just because of the inspiration and determination she has to keep on following her dreams and the things she loves.

Q. You get to travel quite a bit, what has been one of your most bizarre experiences whilst traveling?
A. Uh I think being asked to jump out of a plane at 15000ft in NZ, I did it and I now know why skydivers get addicted, there's nothing that can compare.

Q. Of coarse I don't expect you to give away any secret spots, but which surf break do you just love to bits?
A. There are a few that I surf often but I think It'll always be my home break at Cabarita.


Q. You've suffered from crohns disease since you were 7, what impact has this made on your life? Also for those who don't know (like me) what is it?
A. Yes thats right, I've had Crohns for 11yrs now and it has had a massive impact on my life. Over the years I've been in and out of hospital over the years and have had some pretty rough times and in late 2007 i had major surgery and now currently have a temporary ileostomy bag.

Crohns Disease is a disease of the digestive system and can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus. The symptoms that I experienced most where abdominal pain, diarrhea (which may be visibly bloody), vomiting, and weight loss.

The disease occurs when the immune system attacks the gastrointestinal tract and for this reason is considered an autoimmune disease. This produces inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and is why Crohn's disease is classified as an inflammatory bowel disease.

Unlike the other major types of inflammatory bowel disease, there is no known drug based or surgical cure for Crohn's disease.

Q. Anything new and exciting coming up for you? New projects?
A. I've just started working at Home Life & Style which is based on the shores of Pottsville Beach. It's a shop for people who enjoy art, travel, fashion, design, surf, skate & snow. I am also sponsored by this shop.
Other than that I'm just surfing and training and competing.

Q. Where can people find out more about you and is there any websites you wanna plug?
A. www.brittaninicholl.com

Q. Thank you Brit, have you enjoyed this short Q&A?
A. Thankyou Nicole. It was a pleasure to complete your Q&A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com