Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Laura Marling


Tonight I'm off to the Sold Out show of acoustic guitarist Laura Marling at the Corner Hotel in Richmond, thanks to the wonderful people at YEN Magazine. It's her last show in Australia before heading back to UK.

If you have missed her or even if you were lucky to check her out in Sydney last night or will be going along tonight in Melbourne, please take some time to visit her site and watch some of the most beautiful film clips I've seen in a long time. www.lauramarling.com

Then if you fall in love with her music hunt down her debut album titled 'Alas I Cannot Swim' produced by Noah And The Whale mainman Charlie Fink.
You'll notice that this album doesn't just appear in a 'normal' format - the music is part of a 'Song Box', designed by Laura, which contains postcards, trinkets and stories - plus a concert ticket to her shows in March. 'The idea came of a conversation I had with a guy who owned the studio I was recording in,' says Marling. 'He said he was depressed with the way music's going, because nobody buys records any more and people are listening to MP3s on bad headphones, using music for wallpaper.' So, she designed the chart-ineligible, beautifully printed 'Song Box': 'I want people to love music,' she says, 'I want people to treasure it, not just my songs, but treasure music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com