Sunday, July 13, 2008

Deb, Phibs, Meggs and Reka at Mcculloch Gallery / Deb's Website

Featuring Deb, Phibs, Meggs and Reka this is one exhibition that I 
plan not to miss even if the opening is the same night as 12x12 at 
No Vacancy. I guess it will be a busy night then. 

Melbourne
Mcculloch Gallery
8 Rankins Lane, Melbourne
Opening Night - Friday 18 July, 6.30pm onwards
Exhibition - Monday 14 July to Sunday 3 August 2008

Recently Deb has started a new website deb.net.au that I think you would be nuts not taking the time to check out. 
You would recognise her work from locations such as May's Lane in Sydney, various shops in Fitzroy and even in some Myer stores.
 I have to be honest and say first time I saw her work I was thinking 'not more girls posing with pouts', then I saw the fantastic can control, the differences between each character, how well she works in collaborations and many more things that I'll leave for you to discover on your own. 
My favorite pieces of hers that I've seen so far is the skate board that was exhibited along side one of mine at an exhibition held late last year at Panic, Dexhibition and the fish that was painted in May's Lane that I spotted early this year. This will change after the exhibition on the 18th of July, I'm sure I'll find some new favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Nicole Tattersall. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com